Developer and publisher:
Based in Montreal, Canada
March 30th 2016
Leap of Fate is a furiously-paced cyberpunk roguelite about overcoming your fears and achieving your fate. In a New York City where magic is real, you play as a technomage who must develop unspeakable powers to confront the Crucible of Fates. Can you survive the trials?
Leap of Fate was revealed for the first time through the Square Enix Collective platform in May 2014. Since then, the game was shown at various events, most notably in 2015 at PAX East, PAX Prime and TwitchCon. The game has garnered attention because of its unique take on roguelites and its mix of cyberpunk and magic in the present-day world. Leap of Fate is partly funded by the Canada Media Fund.
- Experience an extremely fast and satisfying action game, built around the ability to Shadow Walk
- Upgrade over a hundred magical skills, through an innovative system of randomly-generated skill trees
- Discover the profound and intense stories of four characters, told through beautifully illustrated cinematics
- Explore a modern-day cyberpunk fantasy spanning cybernetics labs, dark alleys and secret societies
Gameplay trailer YouTube
Narrative teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominee: Best Debut Game" Canadian Game Awards
- "Nominee: Best Character" Canadian Game Awards
- "Nominee: Best Mobile Game" Canadian Game Awards
- "Leap of Fate is a tough new Steam roguelike that oozes style and a surprising amount of substance."
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- "A brilliant, addictive experience"
- Josh Vanderwall, The Escapist
- "TouchArcade Game of the Week"
- Jared Nelson, TouchArcade
- "One of the five indie games from PAX East that you should look forward to playing later this year"
- Jeffrey L. Wilson, PC Magazine
- "The controls are tight, the world is interesting and unique and the levels are parcelled out in powerful, quick morsels of action-laden fun"
- Lou Adducci, N4G
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Clever Plays
Clever Plays' vision is to be creating innovative games combining solid gameplay and unique worlds.
More information on Clever Plays, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Leap of Fate Credits
Producer, designer, writer
Guillaume Lapointe Munger
Sébastien "Chu" Charron
François Potvin Naud
Sound and music